Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend!














Friday --

WOW!!! I had a great 4th of July weekend. First of all, I met Mary Frances White ( the beautiful daughter of my mom's best friend, Elizabeth Carlisle White). To this day I have never really been around another child, I didn't even know there was such a thing. I am supposed to be the only one!! Just kidding, I have seen other children from a distant. My visit with Mary Frances was up close and personal. She held my bottle for me, played with my toys, played with my toes, sang, squealed, and jumped around. It was fascinating. She can do all the things I ever dreamed of doing and can't wait for my day to come when I can. We met Mary Frances and her mother at McAllister's. We all ate lunch there including me, of course, mine was out of a jar and a bottle brought from home. It was not the scrumptious ham and cheese Mary Frances had. After lunch we then went to Mary Frances' grandparents house (Quinn and Mary Carlisle) where we sat outside on there new patio watching Mary Frances run and jump. The Carlisle's are such wonderful people. I cannot wait to go back and visit with them again. I had such a wonderful time with Mary Frances. I hope we will grow up and be best of friends like our mothers are. Mrs. Elizabeth is the sister my mother never had.


Saturday night--

My parents and I went to Sandra and Abby's House for a Fourth of July Celebration! It was a lot of fun. We sat outside on the deck and talked and visited with family and friends. I was the only child there so everyone just doted over me and wanted to play with me. I was the life of the party... the brief time I was awake! There was lots of food: homemade ice cream (peach and butterfinger); homemade strawberry cake (made by my Nana); an American Flag cake (with blueberries and strawberries); ribs; grilled corn salad; and much more. My mom says it was all delicious but you know me I had to eat the same ole cereal and bananas and my bottle. I can't wait to enjoy all of that good food. I am already working on my Nana for one of her homemade strawberry cakes for my first birthday... we'll see!

My mom says we celebrate the Fourth of July, not just for my Uncle Tyler's birthday, but for the Independence of our Country. So a very special "Thank You" to my Uncle Daniel and all the other soldiers (past and present) for fighting for our country that we may live free!!!

Happy Independence Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment