Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig :)




Ha! That is what my granny says all the time and now my mom. Well folks, I am finally at home with a Whole Heart!!!! Man, how wonderful it is! I just didn't realize how hard my little heart had been working. The Dr says I will now have more energy and will eat alot better...my parents say they do not know how I will be able to eat better than I was and that if I get any more energy they will not be able to keep up. Well, put your rollerskates on mom and dad cause things are fixing to get "real" around here!!! So far everything is going really good. I am a little sore so I am a little timid about rolling over onto my stomach (not that I liked that position anyway but at least I could do it) and sleeping on my side (which was my favorite way to sleep). Hiccups, oh the hiccups hurt like crazy and I get them all the time!! I have managed to block sneezing so far, thank goodness. My parents can't pick me up under my arms for 6-8weeks so they just have to scoop me (I don't care much for that method but you do what you have to do, right). The Dr also said that I can't get out in the sun all summer...umm, my mom already knows how she is gonna get around this one. Thanks Mom! We have a beach trip planned for the last weekend in Sept with the Watts and I am so excited.


I would like to say thank you to everyone who was kind enough to pray for me during this time! I know in my heart that Jesus was there with me the whole time and continues to be. I felt everyone's prayers during surgery and the days following. The wonderful people of First Baptist Church gave me a blanket that they had prayed over the very first time I had surgery and they prayed over it again this time. My mom kept the blanket with her during surgery and then placed it on my crib in CICU. Thank you so much First Baptist! Everyone's prayers were definitely needed, heard, and felt.


1 comment:

  1. I am smilling behind these tears falling as I type this message to you Harper and your mommmy I am thankful that Jesus took awesome care of you and that your mommy is leaning on HIM during this trial that will sooooooon be over Yeah for your new Whole Heart and glad you can go to Beach in Sept yeah!!!! ;0 take care and love Miss Kelly

    ReplyDelete