Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2nd Day of Recovery

Today has been a good but hard day. Harper was discharged from the CICU which is a stepping stone towards discharge from the hospital. She has had formula for the first time since surgery and has tolerated it well. At dinner I gave her a few bites of cereal and she did good with this also. She has been in a good bit of pain which makes it so hard to care for her. She cries when you pick her up and in different holding positions. Her chest sounds very junky and for this they recommend percussing (patting her back with your hand cupped) which is extremely painful to her. I haven't done it much because she just screams in pain and I do not handle that well. I know she needs it to get better so I will try again later. She even cries when I put her up on my chest. This used to be her favorite position but not so much now. She is also very tired today, probably because of the pain meds. She really is doing good it is just a difficult time but I know things will get better in the next couple of days. She is so amazing!! She has been through more her 5mths of life than most people will ever go through. Harper you are such an amazing and wonderful girl, Daddy and Mommy love you so much!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. we are still praying for you guys and hope she gets less sore soon hang in there Erin

    ReplyDelete