Friday, July 10, 2009

FREE, FREE, FREE AT LAST!!!

Yesterday, I went for my 2 weeks post op check in Birmingham. Dr Colvin was very pleased with everything on the Echo, I was very pleased with the sucker he gave me while he did it. I can totally be bought, HaHa! He is weaning me off of my lasix (the diuretic) but I will still take my BP medicine a little while longer. He also cut the chest tube stitches while I was there. That was not fun and not even the sucker could help at that point. All in all I had a very good report. I am now able to venture out in this world and see all kinds of new things. My restrictions are: no smoking areas (which eliminates all restaurants in Meridian), don't be around people coughing or sneezing, no daycare or church nursery at this point, and still no picking me up under the arms. To celebrate this Joyous occasion my parent's took me first to look at appliances (boring) then we were able to go to one of the prettiest places in the world... the Cheesecake Factory! It was beautiful and the food smelled delicious. My mom even carried me around the restaurant, not in my carrier, on her hip!! I felt so free! It was a great experience. Next, my parent's took me shopping...love, love, love!! Daddy, you better watch out! We didn't go to all the places I would have liked because it was getting late. I did get to go to Gap Kids where I got the cutest sandals, a blue jean skirt, and a top.
It was a great day and I am looking foward to the days of freedom ahead of me. I have heard..."the best things come to those who wait".
Sorry, no pictures this time.

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO!! We are so glad that Harper can go out and about with us now! John Turner is very happy to hear this news! We have got to start planning some trips soon!

    ReplyDelete