Friday, March 6, 2009

Here I am!!!!

On January 16, 2009, I entered this world at 5:01pm and ever since then my parent's world has been turned upside down. I am their first child that sort of speaks for itself right there but then on top of that my first couple days home I spent 48 hours straight connected to this special light for my jaundice. I was so orange, my mom says I looked like a carrot. Because of the jaundice I was making frequent trips to the hospital to get my bilirubin checked and then on Saturday January 24, I really showed my parents a thing or two!! They found out that I had several congenital heart defects. My parents (especially my mom) just about lost it, but I knew that I was going to be okay. I had my first jet ride to UAB, spent a couple of days in intensive care then when I was exactly two weeks old I underwent surgery to correct one of the defects and the placement of a pulmonary band to buy me some time before I have to undergo open heart surgery. What a wild ride!!!!!! So anyway, now I am at home trying to gain weight and get stronger. So far I am doing pretty good, as of March 4 I weigh a wopping 7lb and 12oz!
I have my mom completely home bound.Right now I am not allowed to be around the general public and especially other babies and children. Not to worry though, one day I will and a little firecracker I will be. Hold on to your socks John Turner :)!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. John Turner says he is ready to play with that little firecracker! Glad we got to see yall today! She is so beautiful!! Love your header on the blog~ You need to show me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope all is well and can't wait to meet her
    love your blog
    I have one as well
    http://northgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete